Let’s jump right in: here's some practical advice for setting up your camper van's kitchen and cabinets.
- Go Big on the Sink: Trust me, a bigger sink is your best friend in a tiny kitchen. Those cute little bar sinks might look space-savvy, but they're a pain when it's time to do dishes. So, if you can, opt for a larger one.
- Get a Dedicated Cooktop: Having a built-in cooktop is a game-changer. No more fussing with camping stoves. Just flip the switch, and you're ready to cook.
- Deep Drawers are Best: When it comes to storage, deep drawers are the way to go. They fit more stuff and keep everything organized. No more rummaging through cluttered cabinets.
- Get the Chest Fridge: You've got choices when it comes to fridges. The vertical ones are what we're used to, but the chest-style ones have their perks. They keep things in place while you're on the move. Our top pick: Dometic CFX 55.
Plan, Plan, Plan: Small kitchens need smart planning. Think multi-functional accessories and storage solutions.
- Go With Induction: If you've got a solid power system, consider induction cooking. It's energy-efficient and eco-friendly – no worries about CO2 emissions.